Slovak Broadband Internet Offer Comparison March 2019
- Practical Technologies
- 19 Mar, 2019
- 1. Cannot find clear definition on providers' terms and conditions. It seems no FUP according to users' feedback.
- 2. Slovanet confirms by email that Optik 15 has no FUP.
- 3. Normally providers are not advertising the FUP info, but to put them deep in terms and conditions. Therefore the summary of FUP is based on personal understanding only, which cannot guarantee 100% correct.
Adding the FUP information to the table according to request. Some providers use FUP to control data usage. Typically, if you download more data than the FUP limitation within certain period, the provider might cut your speed fiercely.
Current outcome is only the comparison of offers on paper. Actually the real performance might be different than the offer on paper. For example Slovanet got worst result in the Entry Level Offer. But to be fair, their real performance by Speedtest is this. It means they provide extra speed in real usage.
Several Limitations about current outcome
- Current outcome is only the comparison of offers on paper. Real performance might be different.
- No Internet Provider tells about the delay or PING time on the paper offer. But that's important for some applications, for example online game.
- Some providers don't provide Upload Speed Information, which is critical for Live Streaming.
If you're interested in this topic too, you can help to improve it!
Use https://www.speedtest.net (or www.fast.com on Mobile) to test your home internet speed. Reply or send email to email@example.com with the Printed Screen of and your current Internet Program information. If you test via www.fast.com, click Show More Information before Printed Screen.
Do you think any important players with their offers are missing on the list? Please list their names on reply.
Do you think any key information should be added to the survey? Please tell on reply.
Many Thanks to following Redditors. They provided very help information and advices.
fakoff, mirakdva, cmudo, ad3z10, aiRen29, yreg, roslav, ntnlabs, hidosk, Random_Dude_ke, ResidualFox (include by not only)
Thank you for reading and your help (if you're going to) :D
This article will be updated when we receive enough feedbacks.